About the Company
A pioneering force in the automotive world, this vehicle manufacturer are looking for a highly experienced and dynamic Senior Technical Accountant to support their global financial reporting and technical accounting team
With a strong commitment to innovation and shaping the future of mobility, our client is seeking a candidate who shares their passion for cutting-edge automotive technology.
About the Role
As a senior technical accountant you will specialize in financial reporting, complex technical accounting matters and the preparation of the businesses consolidated financial statements.
You will support areas including the US sales unit by collaborating with stakeholders in the market to operationalize technical accounting matters and ensure appropriate compliance with IFRS. You will also support their consolidated group with consolidation, revenue recognition, share-based compensation, financial instruments and other key topics.
You will build relationships with other areas of the business such as legal, tax, sales, treasury, and human resources as it will be critical to success in this role. This position will sit amongst a growing global finance reporting and technical accounting team.
- Assist with then preparation and review of financial information filed with the SEC (Forms F-1, F-3, 20-F, and 6-K for a foreign private issuer)
- Assist with preparing the management discussion and analysis/consolidated financial statements, including footnotes and underlying support workbooks
- Assist in the quarterly and year-end close process, ensuring timeliness and compliance with IFRS
- Evaluate and document accounting and financial reporting considerations across various accounting topics under IFRS
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and research technical accounting issues to assist with determining the impact on the business, financial statements, and disclosures
- Establish working relationships with various members of other departments, including sales, legal, tax, treasury, human resources, and group accounting
- Collaborate with key teams across the business, including legal, treasury, R&D, internal control, business development and FP&A as part of the operational and technical implementation of new transactions or agreements
- Liaise with external and internal auditors as needed to ensure smooth audit processes and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls
- Participate in special projects and/or other ad-hoc assignments
You will be creative, innovative and an experienced professional finance leader with the ability and gravitas to support the global financial reporting and technical accounting teams.
- 3+ years of transaction advisory experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting
Active CPA license
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, and SEC reporting requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of key accounting concepts such as revenue recognition, intangible assets, R&D, consolidation, debt, equity, and stock-based compensation
- Ability to thoroughly and logically document accounting positions in comprehensive memorandums by reference to the relevant regulations and guidance
- Experience reviewing complex contracts, researching the related technical accounting matters, evaluating the accounting implications, and presenting your conclusions in detail
- Extraordinary communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of consolidated financial statements, including the ability to articulate how certain transactions impact the financial statements in the period of initial recognition and subsequent periods
- Experience at the FASB or IASB is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally if required
If you are a qualified candidate who is passionate about the automotive industry and commercial finance then please get on contact.