About the Company
One of the biggest sleeping giants in the automotive industry as the volume and impact they have across the vehicle manufacturer and dealer world is truly fascinating.
They were founded over 32 years ago, and have grown significantly in that time and have developed a truly positive, inclusive and supported environment and hold incredibly high levels of employee satisfaction and retention.
About the Role
You lead the manufacturer relations team to build and develop relationships with OEM's to improve commercial outcomes.
You will sustain or enhance the value proposition and seek to continuously improve the experience of our clients customers and represent manufacturers within the business to ensure operational and strategic decisions are aligned to the market realities on the UK automotive industry.
- Develop senior level relationships within Vehicle Manufacturers and utilise a formal Contact Strategy, enhanced reporting and implement ways to drive manufacturer behaviour and secure sufficient supply to sustain the future of the scheme.
- You will develop full company wide integration of any OEM changes to their distribution structures, such as direct supply or “agency” as well as ensuring that new to market OEM's are onboarded successfully.
- You will work with OEM's as well as other areas within other departments and develop proactive opportunities to aid the transition of scheme customers to electric vehicles where suitable.
- Manage the Manufacturer Relations team to deliver the co-ordination of all aspects of the relationship between our client and OEM's.
- Lead the (currently quarterly) negotiation of supply and pricing in front of the OEM's; work closely with the Asset Risk and Pricing teams to ensure that prices achieved exceed KPI requirements and meet company objectives. You will also manage submission of price changes and ‘one off’ requests by manufacturers within the current pricing guidelines.
You will have extensive knowledge of the UK automotive industry, particularly Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers and Fleet/Contract Hire companies.
- Understanding of manufacturer & dealer processes and experience of senior relationship management.
- Experience of leading a team to achieve key objectives and evidence of working with suppliers and colleagues to achieve common goals for the benefit of customers.
- Negotiation skills with direct experience of large volume supply negotiations.
- Strategic mindset and history of operational delivery
- Able to identify trends from quantitative and qualitative data and from that develop a cohesive strategy.
- Innovatively and clearly communicates commercial and business benefits which delivers workable proposals and solutions.
If you have the background we are looking for above, then please apply today.